Xeroform is a sterile wound dressing that is non-adherent, which means it won’t stick to the wound so dressing changes are less painful and trauma to the wound is minimized. An occlusive dressing will retain moisture, heat, and it will help the medication stay in place, this promotes a moist healing environment. It is comfortable and calming against the skin. The gauze is easy to wear and does not overly limit movement. It comes in different sizes depending on the patient’s wound.
Xeroform – more information
Xeroform offers a type of wound dressing that can help keep the wound clean and promote healing. The non-adherent design is excellent for maintaining a moist wound environment, while promoting healing. This petrolatum dressing is made up of a petrolatum blend on fine mesh gauze. It is non-adherent, so it won’t stick to the wound site and cause trauma to the area when removed. However, it will cling and conform to body contours. The gauze is sterile and comes in multiple sizes.
Xeroform is used for:
- Light to medium exudate wounds
- Surgical incisions
- Donor sites
- Skin grafts
- First and second degree burns
- A sterile, fine mesh gauze impregnated with a blend of 3% Bismuth Tribromophenate and USP Petrolatum
- Non-adherent to wound site
- Helps maintain a moist wound environment
- 3% Bismuth Tribromophenate provides deodorizing action